Sunday, May 17, 2015

Final Reflection

One of the three most important things I have learned this year are all of the vocabulary words I have learned. These are very important for me to improve my reading comprehension. The second important thing I learned is how to write objective summaries correctly. This will help me in my future. Finally the most important thing I have learned is the TIQA writing format. I will remember this for the rest of my life and use this to write essays and papers. The nicest thing someone in our class has done for me is to give some very helpful advice on my 8th grade presentation speech. This helped to make my speech much better and more easily comprehendible.

Something that I have taught my classmates this year is to not make the same mistakes I do. I cannot think of anything else anyone would have learned from me. The area that I feel I have made the biggest improvement in is my writing. I have learned better vocabulary which has helped to increase what I can say. I have also learned how to write proper objective summaries. Finally I have learned the TIQA writing format. I am very proud of the speech that I wrote and presented because I had never done anything like that before. The most challenging part of this year for me was completing homework on time. I often would have to stay up late doing homework because I could not do it earlier because of activities. Homework has been a real challenge for me.

I think the best piece of writing I did this year was my SeaWorld/Blackfish argumentative essay. I think it is the best because I included stats and information to support my claim and built my argument well. My favorite book that I read this year was Jurassic Park. It was very interesting to see how it was different and similar to the movie. I also liked the different scenes and plot that was not in the movie. Some advice I would give to students who will be in this class next year is to stay on top of your homework. Although this is not always possible because of activities and other homework it is very important to do your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment