Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tuesday's with Morrie: 4/30/15

The tuesday that has stood out to me the most is when Morrie talked about death. One quote that I found especially significant was, "When you learn how to die, you learn how to live." I can see that this is true and that it is very important to know that you are going to die and how you want to do. If you did not think about this you could be lazy and unmotivated. I was also surprised that Morrie was so accepting that he was going to die. I think that this is how he deals with all of the difficult events in his life, by realizing them and accepting them. He then tries to continue his life around these events.

Another tuesday that I found interesting was the tuesday where they discussed love and marriage. Morrie discusses marriage and tells the true purposes and values of it. He also tells why so many people get divorces now. I think that he was right that it is one of the most significant experiences of life to have someone who can almost read your mind and that you can work extremely well with. I also found it very moving that Morrie's wife was trying to spend time with Morrie and that she stayed up all night with him and did not complain.

The last tuesday that spoke to me was when they talked about how love endures. It was very interesting to me that one reason Morrie said he was not afraid of dying was because he knew people would remember him. He knew that people remembering him would keep his spirit alive. I also especially liked the quote, "Love each other or perish." I feel like this sums up all of what Morrie is teaching Mitch. He is saying that if you do not love others, you will sink into nothingness. I found this very inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment