Friday, February 6, 2015

The Maze Runner Book Talk

     The Maze Runner by James Dashner is a scientific fiction book about a group of teenagers trapped inside a maze. They are given basic supplies and an area that is safe from the animals inside the maze. Someone outside the maze is monitering them and putting them through different challenges as tests. The kids have set up a government and have leaders. They are very organized and handle the problems they are faced with very well. The main character is Thomas. He is very brave and smart and helps the people escape the maze.

     I liked this book because of how suspensful it was. It is very suspensful because of how little the people in the maze know. Their memory was erased before they were sent into the maze and they do not know why they are there. They do not know the reason they are in the maze and neither does the reader. This makes you wonder what will happen next. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys books about the future or survival books. I like both of these kinds of books which is why I think I liked this book so much.

5 comments:

  1. Sound like an interesting book. Although, what prompt did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good blog Steven! You had good word choice, and I was able to relate to your blog very well because I too have read this book. Although, I personally thought you gave away a little too much of the plot for people who haven't read the book. Keep up the good work. (I really hate those fish on the side of your blog, because I was sidetracked for like 30 minutes feeding them.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog this week Steven. I was glad to see that you hadn't given much of the plot away with only minor detail slipping but given enough to the reader to make them want to read the book. I like the word choice that you used in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog Steven! It sounds like an interesting book. I haven't read it yet, but I watched the movie so I know what its about. You described Thomas well when you said he was "very brave and smart". I also liked how you described the book as suspenseful and I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this book but I have seen the movie. You described the book very well. Perhaps a little to well. I think that you gave away to much detail. Other than that you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete